military leadership

military leadership

Thursday, January 30, 2014

Blog 13: Lesson 2 Reflection

Content:

1. Positive Statement

What are you most proud of in your Lesson 2 Presentation and why?
  • I was proud of all the preparation work I did. I came up with the case studies with my dad's help and made cards with General, Major, Captain, and Lieutenant rankings to decide who would be the groups facilitator. I also made printouts with the marine's 14 Leadership Traits and 11 principles.

2. Questions to Consider
       a.     What assessment would you give yourself on your Lesson 2 Presentation (self-assessment)?

  •        P

       b.     Explain why you deserve that grade using evidence from the Lesson 2 component contract.
  • I felt I had reached all of the necessary components on the rubric. I felt I communicated well. I had all my materials and PowerPoint in order when my turn came up. I thought I justified my answer with evidence from my mentorship and research and I felt I engaged the class.


3. What worked for you in your Lesson 2?
  • Having a timer was something that helped me a lot. I also felt I got a better idea of how to plan for my final presentation.

4.  (What didn't work) If you had a time machine, what would you have done differently to improve your Lesson 2?
  • I would have tried practicing a few more times before to make the 10 minute time.

5. Finding Value
What do you think your answer #2 is going to be?
  • I've been looking at possibly using team dynamics as my second answer. Leadership is greatly involved with teams and guiding your teammates, so I think this would fit as one of my answers.

No comments:

Post a Comment