military leadership

military leadership

Thursday, May 22, 2014

Explorers Info Student Meeting

      So on Thursday, the 15th of May, my dad and I held our info session for the students and talked to them about the Army Explorers Program. Now my dad had been wanting to start a unit for some time now, and I took the opportunity this semester to help his idea become reality. As a way to start, we wanted to see who would possibly want to join and participate in the upcoming program. This would give my dad and I a chance to get an estimate as to how big the starting unit would be.
      We were able to get about 10 to 12 kids in the presentation, and most of them wanted to join. The requirement to start a unit was 5 and we had about 6-9 kids interested. But we also had teachers interested in joining the Explorers program as senior officers. So starting the program looks very promising.

No comments:

Post a Comment