military leadership

military leadership

Thursday, May 22, 2014

Blog 22: Senior Project Reflection

(1) Positive Statement

What are you most proud of in your Block Presentation and/or your senior project? Why?
  • I'm most proud of the preparation that I put into my presentation. I was happy with how I used ranks on the students name cards and how I used an OCS assembly room as a model for decorating and setting up my presentation space. I included yellow feet for the students to line up on, decorated my EQ poster with army font and camouflage, and I even wore my explorers uniform (with the exception of one boot).
 (2) Questions to Consider
a.     What assessment would you give yourself on your Block Presentation (self-assessment)?
  • I would give myself a P     
b.     What assessment would you give yourself on your overall senior project (self-assessment)?
  •  I would give myself a lower P.
(3) What worked for you in your senior project?
  • My independent components worked well for me. Since my topic was on leadership, I was able to take the initiative and accomplish some significant tasks. I earned my gold award and I helped my dad start the Army explorers program, which both required me as a leader to utilize all that I learned from my research and mentorship experience.
(4) (What didn't work) If you had a time machine, what would have you done differently to improve your senior project if you could go back in time?
  • I would have liked to find better mentorship. My dad helped me a lot, but my other mentor was harder to meet with. I feel if I would have gone into an ROTC type program and found a mentor in that setting, I would have probably been better off.
(5) Finding Value
How has the senior project been helpful to you in your future endeavors?   Be specific and use examples.
  • My project has shown me that I would be interested in joining the military. I'm not saying that this is the path I want to take immediately, but I would consider the option. Before I started the school year, I just wanted to explore more into how the military works. Going through the project and talking to different officers has shown me that I could possibly be a officer one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment