military leadership

military leadership

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Vietnam Presentation

      In this past month, I had the opportunity to help my dad with a presentation for the sophomores at iPoly. I helped with running the slide show and I learned a lot about my dad that I didn't know.
      Now the reason I felt this experience linked back to my project is because my dad has gained exceptional leadership skills from his experiences in the army. Just watching my dad was proof of that. He knows how to gain respect from others just by how he bears himself and the way he talks to others.
      He also learned a lot of different skills that I view as important for a leader. For example, he had to make careful thought out decisions that would greatly effect his team. While he was in Vietnam, any wrong step he made could've been his last because of booby traps. He helped lead his team carefully through terrain so that his team was safe.
      There was a lot of information from his presentations that I thought was useful for my project.

No comments:

Post a Comment