military leadership

military leadership

Thursday, February 6, 2014

Blog 14: Independent Component 1

  • Literal
    • a) I, Samantha Cooper, affirm that I have completed my independent component which represents 30 hours of work.
    • b) "The West Point Way of Leadership" by Col. Larry R. Donnithorne. This book was more about military leadership and how to understand and apply one's self as a leader, but I thought it was a good example on a method of leading others.
    • c) Spreadsheet in the side menu
    • d)With my Independent Component, I focused on my Gold Award Project. This project required me to plan, organize, and host an event in which I address a community issue. I was in charge of setting a date, booking a venue, collaborating with multiple organizations and businesses, and collected donations for my event. I coordinated everything in order for my event to actually happen.
  • Interpretive
    • Well to start off with, I was required to complete 65 hours for the project originally. This includes every single detail of planning my event and after I have hosted my event. I had to travel a lot to meet with people and I made presentations to spread the word out. There were also the smaller details, such as flyers, that I had tasked for me.












  • Applied
    • This component helped me to put my skills to practice. I was in charge of everything and I was working with multiple people, so I had to put my skills to practice. I've come to find that everyone has a different, effective way of leading, which has showed me that there are multiple paths to go down.

No comments:

Post a Comment