military leadership

military leadership

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Blog 5 Project Reflection and Working EQ

The Pentagon: 
(1) Positive Statement: What positive thing happened as a result of what you have completed so far?
  • I have finally found a mentor who can't wait to start working with me. I had trouble finding someone who wouldn't keep me as an after thought, but now I have finally found a promising mentor..

(2) EQ Content:  Pick a piece of research or your interview.  How has it helped you improve your understanding of your topic?
  • My interview has helped to guide me in a better direction with my project. I didn't know what aspect of the military I was going to look in, but now I'm more confident with studying military leadership. 

(3) What has worked for you so far in the senior project?
  • The research that I have found has been working really well for me. I have been able to find good articles and books that have been really good with explaining different aspects of my topic.

(4) What hasn't worked so far?  
  • I haven't had luck with finding a stable mentor.

(5) Finding Value:  
  •  What is a potential question you would like to study this year?  (working EQ)
Working EQ: What are the most important qualities an officer should possess?
  •  What do you plan to do for mentorship?  If you haven't found a mentor yet, then discuss where you are currently looking and who you are talking to find it.  
I have finally found a stable mentor. I plan to shadow him and learn more about what he does. I also plan to help him with tasks in the office. He is also going to see about going to Camp Pendleton or LAPD for ride-along.

No comments:

Post a Comment