military leadership

military leadership

Thursday, April 24, 2014

Blog 19: Independent Component 2

Content:  

LITERAL
      (a) I, Samantha Cooper, affirm that I completed my independent component which represents 30 hours of work.
      (b) Cooper, Col. Dewell J. Mentor/ Personal interview. 2014.
      (c) Provide a digital spreadsheet (aka log of the 30 hours).   Post it next to your mentorship log.
      (d) I helped my dad complete the preliminary work for starting what will eventually be iPoly's military explorer program. I helped him brainstorm ideas, process paperwork, convert that paperwork to PDF format for headquarters, make calls, and prepare for an information session to be held at school. 
INTERPRETIVE 





      The most significant parts of my component were the research for the unit and preparing for the information session for the school. I really think the hands on experience of the program would be a perfect fits and really gives a great way for me as an incoming officer candidate to take initiative for the school.

       Below are samples of what I was able to complete:

My readmit from this  morning's meeting with Mrs. Flores

Adult Application
Participation Application
Paperwork for Establishing a Unit
Youth (Cadet) Application


 


APPLIED

      This component helped me to solidify my second answer. As I looked into the inner workings of how the unit is run, it really showed me how essential working in a team is in a military environment. Being able to have this opportunity for our school will also help with other's leadership skills.
How did the component help you answer your EQ? Please include specific examples to illustrate how it helped. 


No comments:

Post a Comment